Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frustrated

Well it's definitely been a long time since I've posted anything on my blog. I guess an apology should be in order, but I'm not feeling all that apologetic or empathetic for that matter. I will, at the very least, say Happy New Year!

So I'm finally shaking the holiday cobwebs off which means 2 things; 1)my brain is racing and 2)insomnia strikes again. I was actually getting accustomed to going to sleep at a decent time and waking up early enough to enjoy a bowl of Cap'N Crunch while watching Saved By The Bell. Oh well.... guess that means more late night episodes of Married With Children.

Now that I'm done rambling, I guess I should start writing something remotely related to the title of this post. So over the past few days, I had a moment of clarity. An epiphany if you will. What's this wonderful revelation, you ask? I'm surrounded by a bunch of pussy underachievers.

Everyone I know seems to have a talent of some sort and a "want" to do things, but there's no drive, direction, or action behind any of it. And in the infamous words of one Peter Griffin, "it grinds my gears". My concern here is a bit egocentric, but a genuine one nonetheless. How can I grow if I'm surrounded by spectators and not All-Stars? Shucks, how can they grow if they aren't challenged by me? Truthfully, there's only a few solutions to this problem; find new friends or do it all myself...

No comments: