Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They Say The Eyes Are The Keys To The Soul

Life is a such a funny thing. People come in and out of your life at random moments, but you never know why. For instance, I recently reunited with a childhood friend and in recent months we've become really close again. He recently had a loss in the family, and it makes me wonder if I was brought back into his life to help him cope. I have another friend who also lost someone, and it made me realize I have to be a better friend. Not because of the loss, but because just as Jay said, "Nobody will fall because everybody will be each others crutches." I learned along time ago that that having a strong support system can get you through almost anything. On the flip side of the coin I feel incredibly distant from people I consider very close friends, and its tough. Typically I have no problems cutting people off, not because I'm an ass but I've grown accustomed to losing people. When you lose your mom at 16 and your father is gone by 17, you learn to deal. Regardless, its incredibly tough when you know you have to let go of friends for whatever reason, son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Typically I have no problems cutting people off, not because I'm an ass but I've grown accustomed to losing people."- that is an interesting revelation

The Incomparable Shakespeare said...

Depends on how you take it. Although I have, I don't cut many people off. Sometimes you realize that some people aren't healthy to be around. That's all.